London welcomed us with great weather, a little bit of sunshine, little bit of rain and a lots of heavy clouds which add dramatic look to images.
In Poland “English weather” means wet and cold – or simply bad weather. That was my second visit to London in September and I still have nothing to complain.
Some of London attractions we enjoyed:
- Buckingham palace – just from outside, but I hope to visit it inside one day.
- Hyde Park – which is often synonymous with Speakers’ Corner.
- London Eye – with stunning view.
- Tower Bridge museum – again with stunning views and little bit of history.
- City Cruise – we had live commentary from the crew. I’m not sure if it so every time, but it was great: funny and informative.
- London Transport Museum.
- Double Deckers and the Underground. Just one note – London underground is very old, and few stations offer step-free access. Not much fun with luggage, pushchair or pram. Londoners get by, but I suggest checking “step free tube map” available at TfL site.
- And my special recommendation: Mercato Metropolitano. We got there by a chance – had to change buses next to the entrance and got curious. From the street it looked like a couple of food booths, but the place is huge and very diverse. Greek pita? Sure. Italian ice creams? Of course. Nepalese dumplings? Absolutely.
Obviously there are many more places to visit, including landmarks such as Piccadilly Circus, museums such as British Museum or simply parks such as Regent’s Park.
5-9 September 2022